1. All books, periodicals and books on CD are loaned for two weeks. DVDs are loaned for one week.
2. Reference materials remain in the building and do not circulate.
3. All items except DVDs are subject to three renewals.
4. Reservations for items will be made on all circulation material. After a patron has been notified of a reserved item, the item will be held for three days only.
5. Overdue items
a. First, second, and third overdue notices are called or mailed every two weeks. A record of all notices shall be kept. Borrowing privileges may be suspended until overdue situations are rectified after first notification.
b. For non-city residents, a certified letter is then mailed, charging the patron the cost of articles and the cost of the certified letter. The sheriff will receive a copy of the certified letter and written record of notifications and will then retrieve the materials or amount of monies due.
c. For city residents, a bill will be sent to the city office to be included on the patron’s city utility bill.
d. Library staff may restrict access to any library service due to overdue, lost or damaged materials.
6. Lost or damaged items
a. Patron must pay list price or our cost, whichever is greater according to our records. Periodicals that are lost are charged $7/issue.
b. In case of damaged material, the patron pays according to the amount of damage per item.
1. Gifts are the absolute property of the library and shall be treated in the same manner as other library material.
2. The library shall give proper recognition and acknowledgment for the gift.
1. Formal complaints regarding library service or selection of materials shall be made in writing and presented to the Director and/or the Board.